Each year, Hotel Management opens up its call for nominations to the greater industry in order to capture true talent that deserves widespread recognition for their dedication to the field.
This year, more than 100 nominations were received, and 33 professionals were chosen by Hotel Management’s senior editorial staff for their dedication and outstanding achievements. They are:
1. Luis Arancibia, General Manager, Aloft Orlando Downtown, Fla.
2. Colleen Arruda, General Manager, Residence Inn by Marriott Eugene Springfield, Eugene, Ore.
3. Misty Berry, Dual General Manager, Courtyard by Marriott and Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Austin-University Area, Austin, Texas
4. Laurent Boisdron, General Manager, Sable at Navy Pier Chicago, Curio Collection by Hilton
5. Chrissy Buchanan, Area General Manager, Hilton Garden Inn Morgantown (W. Va.)
6. Larry Crosby, General Manager, The Foundry Hotel Asheville (N.C.), Curio Collection by Hilton
7. Ben Deane, General Manager, AC Hotel by Marriott Washington DC Downtown
8. Linh DePledge, General Manager, Cannery Pier Hotel & Spa, Astoria, Ore.
9. Patrick Dewberry, General Manager, Best Western Windsor Inn & Suites Danville, Va.
10. Kathleen Flanary, Area General Manager, The Boxer Boston and Freepoint Hotel Cambridge (Mass.), a Tapestry Collection
11. John Fricke, General Manager, Canopy by Hilton Philadelphia Center City
12. Micaela Haas, General Manager, The Rose Hotel Chicago O’Hare, Tapestry Collection by Hilton, Rosemont Ill.
13. Gregg Harper, Area General Manager, The Westin at the Woodlands, Spring, Texas, and The Woodlands (Texas) Resort
14. Christie Hayhurst, General Manager, Super 8 by Wyndham Zanesville (Ohio)
15. Niveesha Hill, Dual General Manager, Homewood Suites by Hilton and Hilton Garden Inn San Diego-Del Mar
16. Chris Johnson, General Manager, The Westin Chicago Northwest
17. Tim Kuhlman, General Manager, Hilton Baton Rouge Capitol Center
18. Michael Lerman, General Manager, Tetra Hotel, Autograph Collection, Sunnyvale, Calif.
19. Allen Pike, General Manager, Hampton Inn & Suites Roseburg (Ore.)
20. Stacey Raisanen, General Manager, AmericInn by Wyndham Belle Fourche (S.D.)
21. Justin Reedy, General Manager, Courtyard by Marriott Morgantown (W. Va.)
22. Vianca Reynosa, General Manager, Candlewood Suites Odessa (Texas)
23. Jennifer Ross, General Manager, Homewood Suites by Hilton Plano (Texas)-Richardson
24. Kim Roy, General Manager, DoubleTree by Hilton Manchester (N.H.) Downtown
25. Dan Rust, Dual General Manager, Courtyard by Marriott Peoria (Ill.)
26. Bruce Seigel, General Manager, The Colony Hotel, Palm Beach, Fla.
27. Sergio Silva, General Manager, Home2 Suites by Hilton Dallas Grand Prairie
28. Bill Simmons, General Manager, The Edwin Hotel, Autograph Collection, Chattanooga, Tenn.
29. Angela Small, General Manager, Residence Inn by Marriott Savannah (Ga.) Midtown
30. Charles Stuart, General Manager, DoubleTree by Hilton Columbus Dublin (Ohio)
31. Tijuana Tate, General Manager, Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Columbus (Ohio) East
32. James Thomas, General Manager, Hampton Inn & Suites Washington DC-Navy Yard
33. Barbara Thompson, General Manager, Days Inn by Wyndham San Diego Hotel Circle
“Going above and beyond always is a theme seen in Hotel Management’s annual GMs to Watch selections, and this year is no different,” said Elaine Simon, Senior Managing Editor with Questex Hospitality and Hotel Management.” The 2021 winners have outdone themselves in terms of inspiring their colleagues and delighting guests. These 33 leaders have been instrumental in keeping their properties going through the pandemic and without a doubt will be indispensable during the industry’s recovery.”
The 2021 “GMs to Watch” winners are featured in the November/December print issue of Hotel Management. Visit www.hotelmanagement.net to learn more.
About Hotel Management, a Division of Questex Hospitality Group
Hotel Management is a leading B2B centralized print and online source for the latest news, trends and analysis across the hospitality industry. Stay up-to-date on breaking news in global and local investment, development, technology, operations, food & beverage and design.
Questex helps people live better and longer. Questex brings people together in the markets that help people live better: travel, hospitality and wellness; the industries that help people live longer: life science and healthcare; and the technologies that enable and fuel these new experiences. We live in the experience economy – connecting our ecosystem through live events, surrounded by data insights and digital communities. We deliver experience and real results. It happens here.
Senior Managing Editor