Showcases the Most Dedicated and Driven General Managers in the Hotel Industry
Each year, Hotel Management opens up its call for nominations to the greater industry in search of general managers making a true impact not only in the success of their hotel, but in the lives and careers of the talent they lead. This year, nearly 200 nominations were received and 31 professionals were chosen by Hotel Management’s senior editorial staff for their outstanding achievements and superb leadership and hospitality skills. They are:
1. Derek Baum, GM, Rosen Plaza Hotel, Orlando
2. Androse Bell, GM, Hard Rock Hotel Daytona Beach (Fla.)
3. Chris Bryant, GM, Courtyard by Marriott Sarasota (Fla.) Bradenton Airport
4. Kelly Cain, GM, Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Indianapolis Carmel (Ind.)
5. Janessa Corpuz, GM, Element St. Louis Midtown
6. Renata Darriba, GM, Best Western Estacion Central, Santiago, Chile
7. Neil Deguia, GM, Hyatt Regency Deerfield (Ill.)
8. Zachary Donofrio, GM, Holiday Inn Indianapolis Airport
9. Patrick Fiat, GM and chief experience officer, Royal Plaza on Scotts Singapore
10. Lauren Forland, GM, Homewood Suites by Hilton Wilmington (Del.) Downtown
11. Scott Gladney, GM, SpringHill Suites Denver Downtown
12. Jigar Govan, GM, Sleep Inn Chattanooga (Tenn.)
13. Benjamin Gray, GM, The Bellmoor Inn and Spa, Rehoboth Beach, Del.
14. Daniel Harrison, GM, Hampton Inn & Suites North Port (Fla.)
15. Matt Huss, GM, Margaritaville Resort Palm Springs (Calif.)
16. Shawn Jervis, GM, Yotel Washington DC
17. Shannon Johnson, GM, Courtyard by Marriott Medford (Ore.) Airport
18. Jessica Keisling, GM, Aloft Phoenix Airport
19. Lindsey Maurer, Dual GM, Hilton Garden Inn Gainesville (Fla.)/Homewood Suites by Hilton Gainesville
20. Christine Menzel, GM, The Camby, An Autograph Collection Hotel, Phoenix
21. Chris Mueller, GM, Hilton Orlando
22. Mark Namdar, Area GM, Moxy Downtown DC/AC Hotel Washington DC Convention Center
23. Andrew Pike, GM, The Milestone Hotel and Residences, London
24. Josh Reichert, Area GM, Embassy Suites by Hilton Dulles North Loudoun, Ashburn, Va.
25. Olivia Richli, GM, Heckfield Place, Hampshire, England
26. Paula Schronce, GM, Candlewood Suites Fayetteville (N.C.) Fort Bragg
27. Tracy Stoltz, GM, Renaissance Phoenix Downtown Hotel
28. Leanne Stults, Residence Inn by Marriott Fort Lauderdale (Fla.) Plantation
29. Tamas Vago, GM, Hilton Fort Lauderdale (Fla.) Beach Resort
30. Cristina Velez, GM, Hampton Inn & Suites Rockville Centre (N.Y.)
31. Angela Wedemeyer, GM, Embassy Suites by Hilton Baltimore at BWI Airport, Linthicum, Md.
“General managers are the backbone of every successful hotel, probably more so in 2020 than ever before,” said Elaine Simon, Senior Managing Editor with Questex Hospitality and Hotel Management. “This year’s nearly 200 nominations from around the world offer deep insight into what it takes to helm a property through a pandemic and downturn—in some cases virtually single-handedly. We congratulate our winners for their hard work, creativity and grace under pressure.”
The 2020 GMs to Watch winners are featured in the November print issue of Hotel Management. Visit www.hotelmanagement.net to learn more.
About Hotel Management, a Division of Questex Hospitality Group
Hotel Management is a leading B2B centralized print and online source for the latest news, trends and analysis across the hospitality industry. Stay up-to-date on breaking news in global and local investment, development, technology, operations, food & beverage and design.
Questex helps people live better and longer. Questex brings people together in the markets that help people live better: travel, hospitality and wellness; the industries that help people live longer: life science and healthcare; and the technologies that enable and fuel these new experiences. We live in the experience economy – connecting our ecosystem through live events, surrounded by data insights and digital communities. We deliver experience and real results. It happens here.
Senior Managing Editor